We’re always keen to know how our customers choose to engage with us, so we’ve put together a snapshot of how people use our website as well as social media channels.
If you have any questions about the data below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016
- brighton-hove.gov.uk had 4,477,746 visits.
- This is up from 4,219,585 visits the previous year (1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015).
- We had 54% returning visitors and 46% new visitors.
What our website visitors are most interested in
- Car parks
- Parking & parking permits
- Contact the council
- Recycling centres
- School holiday & term dates
- Council Tax
How people find the website
- Search – 71% (70% previous year)
- Direct (bookmark or typed in URL) – 14% (11% previous year)
- Referral (links from other sites) – 13% (17% previous year)
- Social sharing – 2% (1.5% previous year)
Desktop, mobiles and tablets
- Desktop – 51% (previous year was 58%)
- Mobile – 34% (previous year was 26%)
- Tablet – 15% (previous year was 16%)
SOCITM Better Connected 2015 – a snapshot of all local authority websites
Every year our website is ranked against 415 other local authority websites. In 2015 we were ranked:
- 15th nationally by usage (new entry in the top 20)
- 10th nationally by share of the population (up 7 places from previous year)
- 2nd most visited English unitary authority website
- 1st most visited website in the south east.
As of May 2016, we had:
From 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 we:
- sent out 3,992 tweets
- gained 9,415 followers
- had 98,584 visitors to our Twitter profile page, and
- had 11,546 mentions.